Your Online Resource For Free Solar Panels And Cheap Electricity
My Answer Is YES !
Getting solar panels for your home is definitely worth it.
This question is becoming a more and more popular as awareness of the reality of solar power becoming realized. Now I’m just one person giving his answer to this question but consider the facts.
- Solar is a rapidly improving technology.
- The costs of solar panels are plummeting.
- Solar panels are lighter, cheaper and more efficient than ever.
- More companies are now producing solar panels.
- With current incentives you can save thousands.
- You get almost 100% return on your investment in property value increase.
- The added value of your home improvement is often tax free.
- You can replace your variable electric bill with a stable monthly payment which will eventually paid off.
- You might even cover your cost of solar power by selling power back to the grid.
- In some areas you will get SCREC’s just for using solar power.
If solar technology is getting better and cheaper should I wait to get my solar panels?
NO! Get setup with solar panels now and save at least 30% with the Federal Tax Credit, available until 2016.
Remember that no matter where you are in the US until the end of 2015 you are eligible for a tax credit equal to 30% of the total solar installation.
Based on a $25,000 solar setup that would be a direct discount of $7500, it will be a few years before the standard pricing matches the current saving you can have by getting setup today. And this saving applies no matter what state you live in. Not to mention the savings in energy cost you could start seeing immediately.
So again my resounding answer is YES it is now worth it for the average home owner to invest in solar power. Now that’s weather you can buy your solar panels outright, you take advantage of a solar lease program, PPA or if you have to finance them yourself.
We all know that solar panels have been around for a long time and they have been a means for some wealthier people to go off the grid and power remote getaways and for people who simply wanted to buy the system and get off the grid and say they were off the grid.
In the past this was more of a point where people had the money and wanted to either make a statement or feel good about where their power was coming from or it made sense because it was cheaper than conventional power because of where they were located.
In recent years however solar has made drastic improvements to the technology. Solar is cheaper, more standardized, more convenient and more cost effective than staying with traditional power and it’s only getting better. Traditional power is gettin